Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- Fishermen And Retailers Go High-Tech For Authentic Gulf Seafood
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Thu May 9, 2013
Yippee-Kai-Yay, Mr. President: 'White House Down' Looks Very Familiar
Originally published on Wed May 8, 2013 12:12 pm
Look, I like Channing Tatum. I like Jamie Foxx. And heaven knows, I love Die Hard.
But ... law enforcement guy goes to a closed environment, is separated from a close family member, escapes a siege that grabs practically everybody else, calls out from the building that there's been an attack and he can't leave without saving the person he loves, and then has to fight from the inside while traversing elevator shafts and talking smart-aleck to himself while gradually getting dirtier and stripping down to a white tank top?
Haven't I seen this movie?
Granted, much of the bombast that Die Hard so wisely avoids is in full view here, and another trailer makes it look like a much more somber, scary action thriller.
But this one couldn't look more familiar unless Tatum were on a smartphone saying, "Whoop-de-doo, stinker!"