Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
All Songs Considered
Wed February 13, 2013
Yeah Yeah Yeahs Added To NPR Music's SXSW Showcase, Live Broadcast Announced
Originally published on Wed February 13, 2013 3:02 pm
We're thrilled to announce that the Yeah Yeah Yeahs have been added to the bill for our official South by Southwest showcase on March 13. The band joins Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds for the concert, which will be broadcast on NPR stations across the country and streamed live as a video webcast here from Stubb's in Austin, Texas. The concert will also appear in the NPR Music apps.
This will be the Yeah Yeah Yeahs' only appearance at SXSW. The group plans to perform songs from its forthcoming album Mosquito, out April 16, in addition to older fan favorites.
The official showcase is open to those with SXSW badges or wristbands, as well as ticket holders.
We'll also announce more bands performing at our showcase soon, so follow @allsongs for details.