Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Mon February 27, 2012
WWNO Celebrates 40th Anniversary
40 years ago today — February 27, 1972 — 89.9 WWNO signed on the air, bringing New Orleans-area listeners a widely varied schedule of programming, including NPR News, classical music and jazz. One of the station's original staffers was a 19-year-old UNO student named Tom Fitzmorris, who went on to build a fine career as a radio talk show host, restaurant critic and writer in the Crescent City. WWNO's Fred Kasten has the story...
To find out more about Tom Fitzmorris - please click herehttp://www.nomenu.com/joomla1/index.php?option=com_content&view=frontpage&Itemid=1