Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Mon February 27, 2012
WWNO Celebrates 40th Anniversary
40 years ago today — February 27, 1972 — 89.9 WWNO signed on the air, bringing New Orleans-area listeners a widely varied schedule of programming, including NPR News, classical music and jazz. One of the station's original staffers was a 19-year-old UNO student named Tom Fitzmorris, who went on to build a fine career as a radio talk show host, restaurant critic and writer in the Crescent City. WWNO's Fred Kasten has the story...
To find out more about Tom Fitzmorris - please click herehttp://www.nomenu.com/joomla1/index.php?option=com_content&view=frontpage&Itemid=1