Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Mon March 11, 2013
WWNO and the WWII Museum Present Historian Dr. Arthur Herman
WWNO and the National WWII Museum are kicking off a new authors' lecture series this Thursday with Dr. Arthur Herman, historian and author of Freedom’s Forge: How American Business Produced Victory in World War II.
Dr. Herman will take audience members back to a time when captains of industry tapped into the extensive network of American businessmen to forge what came to be known as "the arsenal of democracy" — the retooling of the United States' nascent industrial prowess into the world's most powerful war machine.
Dr. Herman is a former visiting scholar at the American Enterprise Institute, and a Pulitzer Prize finalist in 2009 for general nonfiction.
The event — with a reception that begins at 5 p.m. in the museum's US Freedom Pavilion — is free and open to the public, but advance registration is strongly encouraged. The presentation will start at 6 p.m., with an audience Q&A at 7 p.m. and a book-signing 15 minutes later.
World War II Museum