Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
Tue May 1, 2012
WWII Museum Expects 3 Millionth Visitor
The World War II Museum, which opened June 6, 2000, expects its three millionth visitor to arrive sometime Tuesday.
The museum has been experiencing record-setting attendance. Last month, it had a total of 44,807 visitors — the most ever in a one-month period — and over 1,000 more than its previous record month in March 2010.
Based on current visitor total and visitation trends, the museum will expect the three millionth visitor around midmorning.
A presentation ceremony will begin at 11:30 a.m. CDT.