Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Thu September 6, 2012
Work resumes on I-10, I-12 in Baton Rouge, Livingston
Work to widen Interstates 10 and 12 in East Baton Rouge and Livingston parishes has resumed.
The state Department of Transportation and Development had suspended construction on the interstates as Hurricane Isaac approached last week to speed evacuation and help emergency workers.
With activities beginning to return to normal, DOTD said Wednesday that it had instructed construction contractors to resume work.
The widening project is expected to be complete by mid-2013.