Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Thu September 6, 2012
Work resumes on I-10, I-12 in Baton Rouge, Livingston
Work to widen Interstates 10 and 12 in East Baton Rouge and Livingston parishes has resumed.
The state Department of Transportation and Development had suspended construction on the interstates as Hurricane Isaac approached last week to speed evacuation and help emergency workers.
With activities beginning to return to normal, DOTD said Wednesday that it had instructed construction contractors to resume work.
The widening project is expected to be complete by mid-2013.