Most Active Stories
- Live Stream And Chat: What Can #NOLASchools Teach Us?
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- Le Show For The Week Of April 26, 2015
- Southeast Louisiana Legal Services Helps Delgado Students Jump Legal Hurdles
- A million dead birds and five years later, scientists still struggling to assess BP spill's impact
Thu December 27, 2012
Work on New Terrebonne Complex to Begin in 2013
Construction on a new complex in Gray, La. that will house assorted Terrebonne government offices is scheduled to start sometime in 2013.
The Courier reports the complex would be home to a new juvenile detention center, emergency operations center and a Public Works yard that would supplement the yard on Grand Caillou Road.
The Public Facility Campus would cost about $15 million.
Parish government has already paid $1.9 million for the 30-acre site, money that came out of the general fund.
About $10.8 million comes from $123 million in state Community Development Block grants related to hurricanes Gustav and Ike in 2008. Parish President Michel Claudet said the rest comes from donations and "other sources."