Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Thu December 27, 2012
Work on New Terrebonne Complex to Begin in 2013
Construction on a new complex in Gray, La. that will house assorted Terrebonne government offices is scheduled to start sometime in 2013.
The Courier reports the complex would be home to a new juvenile detention center, emergency operations center and a Public Works yard that would supplement the yard on Grand Caillou Road.
The Public Facility Campus would cost about $15 million.
Parish government has already paid $1.9 million for the 30-acre site, money that came out of the general fund.
About $10.8 million comes from $123 million in state Community Development Block grants related to hurricanes Gustav and Ike in 2008. Parish President Michel Claudet said the rest comes from donations and "other sources."