Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Thu December 27, 2012
Work on New Terrebonne Complex to Begin in 2013
Construction on a new complex in Gray, La. that will house assorted Terrebonne government offices is scheduled to start sometime in 2013.
The Courier reports the complex would be home to a new juvenile detention center, emergency operations center and a Public Works yard that would supplement the yard on Grand Caillou Road.
The Public Facility Campus would cost about $15 million.
Parish government has already paid $1.9 million for the 30-acre site, money that came out of the general fund.
About $10.8 million comes from $123 million in state Community Development Block grants related to hurricanes Gustav and Ike in 2008. Parish President Michel Claudet said the rest comes from donations and "other sources."