Most Active Stories
- Sarah Vowell Riffs On Satchmo, 'The Incredibles' And Andrew Jackson
- Battle Brewing In Holy Cross Over Proposed Highrises
- Le Show For April 13, 2014
- The Listening Post Asks: Should Sex Education Be Required In Louisiana Public Schools?
- Richard Campanella Cityscapes: New Orleans' Tallest, Strangest, Forgotten Building
Thu December 27, 2012
Work on New Terrebonne Complex to Begin in 2013
Construction on a new complex in Gray, La. that will house assorted Terrebonne government offices is scheduled to start sometime in 2013.
The Courier reports the complex would be home to a new juvenile detention center, emergency operations center and a Public Works yard that would supplement the yard on Grand Caillou Road.
The Public Facility Campus would cost about $15 million.
Parish government has already paid $1.9 million for the 30-acre site, money that came out of the general fund.
About $10.8 million comes from $123 million in state Community Development Block grants related to hurricanes Gustav and Ike in 2008. Parish President Michel Claudet said the rest comes from donations and "other sources."