Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Wed December 26, 2012
Work Continues on Joe Brown Park Redo
Work including an amphitheater and improved walking and bike paths is planned at a 200-acre park in eastern New Orleans.
New Orleans CityBusiness reports that recently-opened bids showed Corseault Commercial Inc. of New Orleans as apparent low bidder for work on the west side of Joe Brown Park.
The bid was just over $3 million.
Money is coming from the Federal Emergency Management Agency and a Community Development Block Grant.
The city says FEMA already has contributed $3.3 million toward improvements.
Joe Brown Park was devastated by Hurricane Katrina but reopened in 2007. The city announced plans in 2010 for a $23 million makeover with the help of FEMA and donations from Nike, Allstate Sugar Bowl and the Brees Dream Foundation.
A football complex opened this year.