Most Active Stories
- Fazendeville, the town razed to make way for the Chalmette National Monument
- Photo Gallery: 2015 New Orleans Comic Con
- Electric car company Tesla Motors expanding number of charging stations in Louisiana
- Le Show For The Week Of Jan. 11, 2015
- Tickets Now On Sale For Wait, Wait... Don't Tell Me! — March 12, 2015 At The Saenger Theatre
Wed December 26, 2012
Work Continues on Joe Brown Park Redo
Work including an amphitheater and improved walking and bike paths is planned at a 200-acre park in eastern New Orleans.
New Orleans CityBusiness reports that recently-opened bids showed Corseault Commercial Inc. of New Orleans as apparent low bidder for work on the west side of Joe Brown Park.
The bid was just over $3 million.
Money is coming from the Federal Emergency Management Agency and a Community Development Block Grant.
The city says FEMA already has contributed $3.3 million toward improvements.
Joe Brown Park was devastated by Hurricane Katrina but reopened in 2007. The city announced plans in 2010 for a $23 million makeover with the help of FEMA and donations from Nike, Allstate Sugar Bowl and the Brees Dream Foundation.
A football complex opened this year.