Most Active Stories
- Sarah Vowell Riffs On Satchmo, 'The Incredibles' And Andrew Jackson
- Le Show For April 13, 2014
- Battle Brewing In Holy Cross Over Proposed Highrises
- The Listening Post Asks: Should Sex Education Be Required In Louisiana Public Schools?
- Richard Campanella Cityscapes: New Orleans' Tallest, Strangest, Forgotten Building
Wed December 26, 2012
Work Continues on Joe Brown Park Redo
Work including an amphitheater and improved walking and bike paths is planned at a 200-acre park in eastern New Orleans.
New Orleans CityBusiness reports that recently-opened bids showed Corseault Commercial Inc. of New Orleans as apparent low bidder for work on the west side of Joe Brown Park.
The bid was just over $3 million.
Money is coming from the Federal Emergency Management Agency and a Community Development Block Grant.
The city says FEMA already has contributed $3.3 million toward improvements.
Joe Brown Park was devastated by Hurricane Katrina but reopened in 2007. The city announced plans in 2010 for a $23 million makeover with the help of FEMA and donations from Nike, Allstate Sugar Bowl and the Brees Dream Foundation.
A football complex opened this year.