Most Active Stories
- Live Stream And Chat: What Can #NOLASchools Teach Us?
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- Le Show For The Week Of April 26, 2015
- Southeast Louisiana Legal Services Helps Delgado Students Jump Legal Hurdles
- A million dead birds and five years later, scientists still struggling to assess BP spill's impact
Mon January 14, 2013
Woman's Hospital in Baton Rouge Celebrates 300K Births
Woman's Hospital is celebrating and welcoming its 300,000th baby.
The infant — a boy — was born Thursday at 5:58 a.m.
Woman's delivered its first baby in November 1968, its 100,000th baby in August 1985 and its 200,000th baby in September 2000.
To celebrate the latest milestone, the hospital is asking everyone who was born or had a baby at the facility over the past 44 years to share in its 300,000 "Babies Badge" on the social networking site Facebook.
Teri Fontenot, president and CEO of Woman's, says the birth of a child is a "wonderful and amazing occasion" and they're "honored that so many families have placed their trust in Woman's."