Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Tue July 24, 2012
Woman sentenced for having sex with boy
A New Orleans woman was ordered to serve two years of probation for her conviction of having sex with a 14-year-old boy in Gretna two years ago.
The Times-Picayune reports 33-year-old Kendra Greenwald eluded prison time for her July 12 conviction of carnal knowledge of a juvenile, in connection with the June 10, 2010 encounter.
The boy's mother alerted police after learning her son had sex with Greenwald. Greenwald contends the boy, now 16, forced her to have sex by threatening her and to harm her child.
State District Judge Ross LaDart ordered Greenwald to serve one year in prison on Monday, but he suspended the incarceration in favor of two years of probation with the condition she get her GED and receive counseling.