Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Tue July 24, 2012
Woman sentenced for having sex with boy
A New Orleans woman was ordered to serve two years of probation for her conviction of having sex with a 14-year-old boy in Gretna two years ago.
The Times-Picayune reports 33-year-old Kendra Greenwald eluded prison time for her July 12 conviction of carnal knowledge of a juvenile, in connection with the June 10, 2010 encounter.
The boy's mother alerted police after learning her son had sex with Greenwald. Greenwald contends the boy, now 16, forced her to have sex by threatening her and to harm her child.
State District Judge Ross LaDart ordered Greenwald to serve one year in prison on Monday, but he suspended the incarceration in favor of two years of probation with the condition she get her GED and receive counseling.