Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Fishermen And Retailers Go High-Tech For Authentic Gulf Seafood
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
- Short-Term Rental Stakeholders All Agree On One Thing: Current Law Inadequate
Fri December 21, 2012
Woman Accused of Mentoring Teen Prostitute
A 25-year-old Metairie woman has been arrested and accused her of teaching a minor how to be a Bourbon Street prostitute.
The Times-Picayune reports Emilie "Bunny" Cook was booked at the New Orleans jail on a charge of trafficking of children for sex purposes.
State Police say Cook arranged prostitution work for herself and a 16-year-old girl in November in the 300 block of Bourbon, a tourist-heavy area of the French Quarter.
Investigators said Cook negotiated a sex deal for herself and the minor with an undercover New Orleans police officer. The officer agreed to pay the women $500, investigators said.
The minor told police she had run away from home in Jackson, Miss.
It was unclear whether Cook has an attorney.