Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Fri December 21, 2012
Woman Accused of Mentoring Teen Prostitute
A 25-year-old Metairie woman has been arrested and accused her of teaching a minor how to be a Bourbon Street prostitute.
The Times-Picayune reports Emilie "Bunny" Cook was booked at the New Orleans jail on a charge of trafficking of children for sex purposes.
State Police say Cook arranged prostitution work for herself and a 16-year-old girl in November in the 300 block of Bourbon, a tourist-heavy area of the French Quarter.
Investigators said Cook negotiated a sex deal for herself and the minor with an undercover New Orleans police officer. The officer agreed to pay the women $500, investigators said.
The minor told police she had run away from home in Jackson, Miss.
It was unclear whether Cook has an attorney.