Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Thu September 13, 2012
William Julius Wilson: Ending Poverty Is Possible
Originally published on Thu September 13, 2012 3:55 pm
The Census Bureau announced that 15 percent of Americans lived in poverty in 2011 — a slight drop from the year before. But income disparities continue to grow. Host Michel Martin talks with Harvard professor William Julius Wilson, author of the 1987 book The Truly Disadvantaged: The Inner City, the Underclass, and Public Policy.