Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Mon September 24, 2012
Wife and husband killed in apparent Covington murder-suicide
A woman and her husband are dead following an apparent murder-suicide at their home near Covington late Friday, according to authorities.
The Times-Picayune reports that he bodies of Caroline Crockett Darby, 42, and Adrian Darby, 46, were discovered in their home, said Melanie Comeaux, executive director of St. Tammany Parish coroner's office.
Caroline Darby was an administrative employee for the Covington Police Department. Adrian Darby worked offshore and he had been married to his wife since April 2, 1997, court records indicate.
Sheriff's Sgt. Sean Beavers said deputies found the couple in a bedroom and that there were signs of foul play and "indications of a potential murder-suicide."
An autopsy is scheduled for Monday.
Health Care Fraud
Business & Technology