Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
- Episode 609: The Curse Of The Black Lotus
Super Bowl 2013
Thu July 19, 2012
Wi-Fi coverage to be expanded at Superdome
Fans coming to the Super Bowl in New Orleans in February should be able to get onto their Wi-Fi devices with more ease.
On Wednesday the Louisiana Stadium and Exposition District Board approved spending $343,200 on expanding the Wi-Fi network for the Superdome, the New Orleans Arena and nearby Champions Square.
The Times-Picayune reports that the board approved the upgrade to get the Superdome ready for the Super Bowl.
Doug Thornton, the senior vice president of SMG, the firm that manages the Superdome and the Arena, said the Superdome will join Indianapolis' Lucas Oil Stadium as the only venues in the NFL to offer complete Wi-Fi coverage to patrons.