Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
- Episode 609: The Curse Of The Black Lotus
Can I Just Tell You?
Wed August 8, 2012
What's Hair Got To Do With It?
Originally published on Wed August 8, 2012 11:28 am
Olympic gymnast Gabby Douglas became the first African-American to win gold in the women's all-around event. But following her big moment, the twitter-verse lit up about her hair. Host Michel Martin asks how far has the country really come, when people's choices — about everything from hair to politics — are judged by superficial standards.