Most Active Stories
- Fazendeville, the town razed to make way for the Chalmette National Monument
- Photo Gallery: 2015 New Orleans Comic Con
- Electric car company Tesla Motors expanding number of charging stations in Louisiana
- Le Show For The Week Of Jan. 11, 2015
- Tickets Now On Sale For Wait, Wait... Don't Tell Me! — March 12, 2015 At The Saenger Theatre
Can I Just Tell You?
Wed August 8, 2012
What's Hair Got To Do With It?
Originally published on Wed August 8, 2012 11:28 am
Olympic gymnast Gabby Douglas became the first African-American to win gold in the women's all-around event. But following her big moment, the twitter-verse lit up about her hair. Host Michel Martin asks how far has the country really come, when people's choices — about everything from hair to politics — are judged by superficial standards.