Most Active Stories
- Battle Brewing In Holy Cross Over Proposed Highrises
- Sarah Vowell Riffs On Satchmo, 'The Incredibles' And Andrew Jackson
- Le Show For April 13, 2014
- The Listening Post Asks: Should Sex Education Be Required In Louisiana Public Schools?
- Richard Campanella Cityscapes: New Orleans' Tallest, Strangest, Forgotten Building
Can I Just Tell You?
Wed August 8, 2012
What's Hair Got To Do With It?
Originally published on Wed August 8, 2012 11:28 am
Olympic gymnast Gabby Douglas became the first African-American to win gold in the women's all-around event. But following her big moment, the twitter-verse lit up about her hair. Host Michel Martin asks how far has the country really come, when people's choices — about everything from hair to politics — are judged by superficial standards.