Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Sat November 27, 2010
What to do with radishes?
New Orleans, LA –
Hi, this is Richard McCarthy with the WWNO Farmers Market Minute Are you stumped when you see radishes with their frilly leaves and crisply red roots? Am I right? They look great but you're too intimidated to prepare them? Here are three simple ways to fall in love with radishes:
First, soak them in salty water in the fridge. Not only do they get super crisp, but they pucker up - especially if you remove the leaves and score the top. Second, slice thinly and then place atop a cracker or slice of bread spread with chevre or any pungent cheese and/or butter. Need more flavor? There's always pepper jelly.
Or third, slice them in a cheese grater for flavor and garnish in your next green salad.
I promise, give these a try and when the season ends, you'll miss radishes dearly. For the WWNO farmers market minute, this is Richard McCarthy.