Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Mon July 1, 2013
Weird Public Library Stuff: Check It Out
Originally published on Wed June 26, 2013 11:04 am
Sure, at certain public libraries around the country you can check out ebooks and audiobooks and DVDs and iPads and Nooks and Kindles. Paintings to hang on your walls at home? Yep. Bridal magazines? Yep, those too. You can also check out a bunch of strange stuff, including:
1) A fishing pole from the Erie County Public Library in Erie, Pa.
2) An energy meter at the Lake County Public Library in Leadville, Colo.
3) Puppets at the Canton Public Library in Canton, Mich.
5) Seeds for your garden at the Pima County Public Library in Tucson, Ariz
6) Camping gear at the Perham Area Public Library in Perham, Minn.
7) Snowshoes at the Alice M. Ward Memorial Library in Canaan, Vt.