Most Active Stories
- Fazendeville, the town razed to make way for the Chalmette National Monument
- Photo Gallery: 2015 New Orleans Comic Con
- Electric car company Tesla Motors expanding number of charging stations in Louisiana
- Le Show For The Week Of Jan. 11, 2015
- Tickets Now On Sale For Wait, Wait... Don't Tell Me! — March 12, 2015 At The Saenger Theatre
Fri August 3, 2012
Weightlifter Keeps Calm, Sleeps In And Carries On
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne, with a lesson on how to keep calm, sleep in and carry on.
Twenty-one-year-old Jack Oliver went to bed ready to represent Great Britain at the Olympics. That was until the weightlifter overslept by an hour on his big day. He was roused by his coach and got dressed in 30 seconds, he says, and still managed two personal bests, grabbing a fourth place finish. The sleep did me good, he said. I had less time to think about the competition.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.