Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Sat May 12, 2012
Week In News: Looking Back At Other Civil Rights Fights
Originally published on Sat May 12, 2012 5:05 pm
President Obama's change of position this past week on the subject of same-sex marriage has prompted news analyst James Fallows to think back to similar moments in civil rights history. Weekends on All Things Considered host Guy Raz speaks with Fallows about everything from FDR's facilitating Marian Anderson's performance at the Lincoln Memorial to LBJ's address to Congress after racial violence in Selma, Ala.