Most Active Stories
- Battle Brewing In Holy Cross Over Proposed Highrises
- Sarah Vowell Riffs On Satchmo, 'The Incredibles' And Andrew Jackson
- Le Show For April 13, 2014
- The Listening Post Asks: Should Sex Education Be Required In Louisiana Public Schools?
- Richard Campanella Cityscapes: New Orleans' Tallest, Strangest, Forgotten Building
Sat May 12, 2012
Week In News: Looking Back At Other Civil Rights Fights
Originally published on Sat May 12, 2012 5:05 pm
President Obama's change of position this past week on the subject of same-sex marriage has prompted news analyst James Fallows to think back to similar moments in civil rights history. Weekends on All Things Considered host Guy Raz speaks with Fallows about everything from FDR's facilitating Marian Anderson's performance at the Lincoln Memorial to LBJ's address to Congress after racial violence in Selma, Ala.