Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of April 26, 2015
- Live Stream And Chat: What Can #NOLASchools Teach Us?
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- Southeast Louisiana Legal Services Helps Delgado Students Jump Legal Hurdles
- A million dead birds and five years later, scientists still struggling to assess BP spill's impact
Wed July 30, 2014
WEDNESDAY: Former PA Gov. Ed Rendell; C.B. Forgotston; and BR Area Foundation's Mukul Verma
Originally published on Fri August 1, 2014 9:23 am
Today's first guest is the former Governor of Pennsylvania Ed Rendell. He and Jim discuss Rendell's early career in sports, the Philadelphia Phillies, politics, Common Core, and the state of the Democratic party in America.
Capitol blogger C.B. Forgotston calls in as the day's second guest and he and Jim discuss the growing controversy surrounding Superintendent Mike Edmonson of the Louisiana State Police Department and his involvement in Senate Bill 294 by Senator Neil Riser which gives Edmonson and at least one other trooper up to $30,000 in extra retirement benefits.
Also, Mukul Verma of the Baton Rouge Area Foundation joins Jim in studio to close out the day's show, and he brings with him the recent City Stats from the annual survey done on East Baton Rouge Parish.