Most Active Stories
- Live Stream And Chat: What Can #NOLASchools Teach Us?
- Le Show For The Week Of April 26, 2015
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- Southeast Louisiana Legal Services Helps Delgado Students Jump Legal Hurdles
- A million dead birds and five years later, scientists still struggling to assess BP spill's impact
Wed August 21, 2013
WEDNESDAY: Advocate Editor Peter Kovacs, "Carmageddon" in Baton Rouge - One Year Later
Originally published on Wed August 21, 2013 5:52 pm
Guest host Robert Travis Scott chats with new Advocate editor Peter Kovacs about taking over the daily paper and changes that are underway.
Then, a discussion of "Carmageddon" in Baton Rouge, one year ago -- the tanker accident shut down I-10 for 27 hours, locking up the capitol city. State Police Captain Taylor Moss talks about the decision to blow up the tanker and BRPD Lt. Todd Weishar discusses traffic management on that fateful day. Both examine what would happen if a similar accident occurred now.