Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Wed August 21, 2013
WEDNESDAY: Advocate Editor Peter Kovacs, "Carmageddon" in Baton Rouge - One Year Later
Originally published on Wed August 21, 2013 5:52 pm
Guest host Robert Travis Scott chats with new Advocate editor Peter Kovacs about taking over the daily paper and changes that are underway.
Then, a discussion of "Carmageddon" in Baton Rouge, one year ago -- the tanker accident shut down I-10 for 27 hours, locking up the capitol city. State Police Captain Taylor Moss talks about the decision to blow up the tanker and BRPD Lt. Todd Weishar discusses traffic management on that fateful day. Both examine what would happen if a similar accident occurred now.