Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Tue June 19, 2012
Voucher Program Framework Approved by BESE Panel
BATON ROUGE — Louisiana's education board has agreed to a framework for a new statewide voucher program that will use tax dollars to send children to private schools. But that framework does not have accountability standards required by the Legislature and still being ironed out by the education department.