Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Wed November 17, 2010
Urban Chickens & Restaurants of the Past
Cheese Pumpkin Jam (Yields approximately 3 cups)
1 small cheese pumpkin (or other dense variety)
6 cups sugar
8 cups water
Peel the pumpkin, scoop out the seeds and the stringy membrane that holds them in. Cut into 1 inch sized cubes. In a large, heavy pot add 1 cups of sugar and 2 cups of water for each 4 cups of pumpkin. When the sugar is dissolved, add the pumpkin, bring to a boil and then reduce to a low simmer. Cook uncovered until the liquid has dissolved and the pumpkin is reduced to jam.
The jam will keep in the refrigerator for a week. To store longer, freeze until ready to use.