Most Active Stories
- Fazendeville, the town razed to make way for the Chalmette National Monument
- Photo Gallery: 2015 New Orleans Comic Con
- Electric car company Tesla Motors expanding number of charging stations in Louisiana
- Le Show For The Week Of Jan. 11, 2015
- Tickets Now On Sale For Wait, Wait... Don't Tell Me! — March 12, 2015 At The Saenger Theatre
Wed November 17, 2010
Urban Chickens & Restaurants of the Past
Cheese Pumpkin Jam (Yields approximately 3 cups)
1 small cheese pumpkin (or other dense variety)
6 cups sugar
8 cups water
Peel the pumpkin, scoop out the seeds and the stringy membrane that holds them in. Cut into 1 inch sized cubes. In a large, heavy pot add 1 cups of sugar and 2 cups of water for each 4 cups of pumpkin. When the sugar is dissolved, add the pumpkin, bring to a boil and then reduce to a low simmer. Cook uncovered until the liquid has dissolved and the pumpkin is reduced to jam.
The jam will keep in the refrigerator for a week. To store longer, freeze until ready to use.