Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Fri June 13, 2014
UNO Will Discontinue Some Degree Programs
The University of New Orleans announced Friday that it will begin assessing all of the school’s degree programs to determine which programs should be dropped in an effort to streamline resources and cut costs, the Advocate reports.
UNO currently has 84 degree programs. A working group made up of of the deans of the five academic colleges and other university leaders will evaluate the programs to decide which to keep and which to cut.
Results will be available by the Spring 2015 semester, and the changes will not take place until a year later, in Spring 2016.
In a statement, UNO said it will not cut any degree programs before students have a chance to finish, and students will be allowed to transfer different programs or campuses.