Most Active Stories
- Live Stream And Chat: What Can #NOLASchools Teach Us?
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- Le Show For The Week Of April 26, 2015
- Southeast Louisiana Legal Services Helps Delgado Students Jump Legal Hurdles
- A million dead birds and five years later, scientists still struggling to assess BP spill's impact
WWNO News Reports
Wed June 22, 2011
UNO Could Merge Into University of Louisiana System
By Eileen Fleming
New Orleans, La. – The proposal comes after Governor Jindal failed to merge UNO with Southern University of New Orleans, a move that was strongly opposed by SUNO students and administrators. The switch to the University of Louisiana system is seen as a good fit by some at UNO. Susan Krantz is dean of the College of Liberal Arts.
"Most important in this move is our ability to work with more peer institutions, more universities like ourselves than we had the opportunity to do before. Both Louisiana Tech and the University of Louisiana at Lafayette are the same kinds of ranked research universities as UNO is, and so we hope to be able to build more partnerships."
The UNO chancellor must notify the Southern Association for Colleges and Schools by August first of the change. The governor supports the move.
For WWNO, I'm Eileen Fleming.