Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
WWNO News Reports
Wed June 22, 2011
UNO Could Merge Into University of Louisiana System
By Eileen Fleming
New Orleans, La. – The proposal comes after Governor Jindal failed to merge UNO with Southern University of New Orleans, a move that was strongly opposed by SUNO students and administrators. The switch to the University of Louisiana system is seen as a good fit by some at UNO. Susan Krantz is dean of the College of Liberal Arts.
"Most important in this move is our ability to work with more peer institutions, more universities like ourselves than we had the opportunity to do before. Both Louisiana Tech and the University of Louisiana at Lafayette are the same kinds of ranked research universities as UNO is, and so we hope to be able to build more partnerships."
The UNO chancellor must notify the Southern Association for Colleges and Schools by August first of the change. The governor supports the move.
For WWNO, I'm Eileen Fleming.