Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
- Episode 609: The Curse Of The Black Lotus
WWNO News Reports
Tue November 22, 2011
UNO Accepts Recommendations For Improvement While Selecting New President
By Eileen Fleming
New Orleans, LA – While UNO narrows the selection of candidates for a new leader, out-of-state consultants have some suggestions for improvement. University of Louisiana President Randy Moffett says the recommendations serve as a roadmap for making UNO a vital player in revitalizing the region.
"We want the president, whoever that might be, to have a feel for issues on the campus as perceived by people that are there - students, faculty and administrators. It is a guide. That's a good way to describe it. It gives them and it gives the board members and me some background on the campus to use as we talk with candidates and help identify what we think is the best person for the position."
Recommendations include working with other higher education institutions in the region, reexamining budget practices and sharpening plans for staffing and athletic programs. Five candidates are set for interviews next week that are open to the public. A final selection is expected early next month.
For WWNO, I'm Eileen Fleming