Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
- Episode 609: The Curse Of The Black Lotus
Sat June 9, 2012
Union to gauge morale of New Orleans cops
The New Orleans police union is launching a study of officer morale and confidence in strategies of the department.
The Times-Picayune reports Capt. Michael Glasser, head of the Police Association of New Orleans, said the survey will highlight issues facing rank-and-file officers and help pinpoint matters that need to be addressed.
Glasser said Police Superintendent Ronal Serpas and his administration have dismissed officers' concerns, ranging from rising crime and questionable practices to failing crime-fighting strategies and management deficiencies.
The survey, which will be conducted online in June should provide a clear picture, Glasser said.