Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Sat June 9, 2012
Union to gauge morale of New Orleans cops
The New Orleans police union is launching a study of officer morale and confidence in strategies of the department.
The Times-Picayune reports Capt. Michael Glasser, head of the Police Association of New Orleans, said the survey will highlight issues facing rank-and-file officers and help pinpoint matters that need to be addressed.
Glasser said Police Superintendent Ronal Serpas and his administration have dismissed officers' concerns, ranging from rising crime and questionable practices to failing crime-fighting strategies and management deficiencies.
The survey, which will be conducted online in June should provide a clear picture, Glasser said.