Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
- Episode 609: The Curse Of The Black Lotus
Wed July 18, 2012
ULM professor settles harassment suit with college
MONROE — An internationally recognized University of Louisiana at Monroe toxicology professor has settled a lawsuit he filed against the university alleging he was harassed and discriminated against after he suffered a stroke five years ago.
The News-Star reports (http://tnsne.ws/OG813H) that the university announced Tuesday that it had reached "an amicable settlement" with Harihara Mehendale in the College of Pharmacy.
The settlement came after a jury trial began July 9 in Baton Rouge, according to attorneys. The case was heard in Baton Rouge because the University of Louisiana System was also a defendant.
Mehendale says he will continue to teach and conduct research as a professor at ULM, but he was asked to give up the Kitty DeGree Endowed Chair of Toxicology.