Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Wed July 18, 2012
ULM professor settles harassment suit with college
MONROE — An internationally recognized University of Louisiana at Monroe toxicology professor has settled a lawsuit he filed against the university alleging he was harassed and discriminated against after he suffered a stroke five years ago.
The News-Star reports (http://tnsne.ws/OG813H) that the university announced Tuesday that it had reached "an amicable settlement" with Harihara Mehendale in the College of Pharmacy.
The settlement came after a jury trial began July 9 in Baton Rouge, according to attorneys. The case was heard in Baton Rouge because the University of Louisiana System was also a defendant.
Mehendale says he will continue to teach and conduct research as a professor at ULM, but he was asked to give up the Kitty DeGree Endowed Chair of Toxicology.