Most Active Stories
- Fazendeville, the town razed to make way for the Chalmette National Monument
- Photo Gallery: 2015 New Orleans Comic Con
- Electric car company Tesla Motors expanding number of charging stations in Louisiana
- Le Show For The Week Of Jan. 11, 2015
- Tickets Now On Sale For Wait, Wait... Don't Tell Me! — March 12, 2015 At The Saenger Theatre
Wed July 18, 2012
ULM professor settles harassment suit with college
MONROE — An internationally recognized University of Louisiana at Monroe toxicology professor has settled a lawsuit he filed against the university alleging he was harassed and discriminated against after he suffered a stroke five years ago.
The News-Star reports (http://tnsne.ws/OG813H) that the university announced Tuesday that it had reached "an amicable settlement" with Harihara Mehendale in the College of Pharmacy.
The settlement came after a jury trial began July 9 in Baton Rouge, according to attorneys. The case was heard in Baton Rouge because the University of Louisiana System was also a defendant.
Mehendale says he will continue to teach and conduct research as a professor at ULM, but he was asked to give up the Kitty DeGree Endowed Chair of Toxicology.