Most Active Stories
- Le Show For April 13, 2014
- Sarah Vowell Riffs On Satchmo, 'The Incredibles' And Andrew Jackson
- Barataria Bay, 4 Years After The Deepwater Horizon Disaster
- The Listening Post Asks: Should Sex Education Be Required In Louisiana Public Schools?
- Richard Campanella Cityscapes: New Orleans' Tallest, Strangest, Forgotten Building
Thu January 10, 2013
UL-Lafayette Seeks New Defensive Coordinator
Louisiana-Lafayette football coach Mark Hudspeth says he's seeking a replacement for defensive coordinator Greg Stewart.
Hudspeth said Wednesday that Stewart will not return to the Ragin' Cajuns' coaching staff for the 2013 season. He did not indicate what sparked the coaching move but thanked Stewart for his contributions that led to the team's 18 wins, including a pair of New Orleans Bowl titles over the last two years.
Stewart joined Louisiana-Lafayette's program in 2011 when Hudspeth was named head coach. He previously served as an assistant coach at Jacksonville State for 18 seasons.
A search for Stewart's successor is underway.