Most Active Stories
- Fazendeville, the town razed to make way for the Chalmette National Monument
- Photo Gallery: 2015 New Orleans Comic Con
- Le Show For The Week Of Jan. 11, 2015
- Electric car company Tesla Motors expanding number of charging stations in Louisiana
- Tickets Now On Sale For Wait, Wait... Don't Tell Me! — March 12, 2015 At The Saenger Theatre
Mon August 19, 2013
UK Gets Century-Old Revenge At Golf Tournament
Originally published on Mon August 19, 2013 3:36 pm
In a way, the victory by 18-year-old Matt Fitzpatrick makes up for what happened on the very same golf course in 1913, when a young American named Francis Quiment defeated the two top British professionals of the day, Ted Ray and Harry Vardon, to win the U.S. Open.
After his win at the 36-hole final match yesterday, Fitzpatrick said “it’s great to go down in history.”
Here & Now’s Alex Ashlock was on the course for yesterday’s championship.
- Alex Ashlock, producer for Here & Now and director of the show.