Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
- Fishermen And Retailers Go High-Tech For Authentic Gulf Seafood
Mon August 19, 2013
UK Gets Century-Old Revenge At Golf Tournament
Originally published on Mon August 19, 2013 3:36 pm
In a way, the victory by 18-year-old Matt Fitzpatrick makes up for what happened on the very same golf course in 1913, when a young American named Francis Quiment defeated the two top British professionals of the day, Ted Ray and Harry Vardon, to win the U.S. Open.
After his win at the 36-hole final match yesterday, Fitzpatrick said “it’s great to go down in history.”
Here & Now’s Alex Ashlock was on the course for yesterday’s championship.
- Alex Ashlock, producer for Here & Now and director of the show.