Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Sun July 15, 2012
Two injured in Bay St. Louis truck-train collision
BAY ST. LOUIS, Miss. — Two people have been hurt after their truck collided with an eastbound CSX train.
The accident happened shortly after 9 a.m. Saturday at the intersection of City Park Avenue and Toulme Street in Bay St. Louis.
Deputy Chief Christine Johnson told The Sun Herald (http://bit.ly/NoWdUO) that Kenneth and Deborah Kennedy, both 52, from Waveland, were apparently going over the track and possibly tried to back up to get off the tracks when the accident happened.
Fire Chief Pam San Fillippo says their injuries did not appear life-threatening. She says firefighters were able to get both out of the truck without using mechanical assistance.
Johnson says the couple was talking when they were transported by ambulance to Memorial Hospital in Gulfport.