Two Charged in Chalmette Death
Two men have been charged with negligent homicide in St. Bernard Parish after a man who lived with them in Chalmette allegedly died Dec. 10 of a drug overdose due to their inaction.
Sheriff Jimmy Pohlmann tells The Times-Picayune that Andrew Brady, 22, and Gregg Sampson, 52, allegedly fell asleep instead of immediately reporting that the unidentified man was overdosing at their home.
Pohlmann says Brady and Sampson put him in a shower to try to revive him, placed him on a couch and fell asleep. They called police the next day when they realized the man wasn't breathing.
In January, a judge issued arrest warrants. Brady and Sampson were arrested on Thursday.
Brady is being held on a $65,000 bond and Sampson in lieu of a $50,000 bond.