Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Around the Nation
Thu March 22, 2012
The Twisted Path To Lay A Legend To Rest
Nearly sixty years ago, a Pennsylvania town renamed itself after legendary Olympian Jim Thorpe. How he came to be buried there is a tale of messy family business that continues to this day. Washington Post staff writer Neely Tucker joins host Michel Martin to discuss the story of the man once known as the "World's Greatest Athlete."