Most Active Stories
- Fazendeville, the town razed to make way for the Chalmette National Monument
- Photo Gallery: 2015 New Orleans Comic Con
- Electric car company Tesla Motors expanding number of charging stations in Louisiana
- Le Show For The Week Of Jan. 11, 2015
- Tickets Now On Sale For Wait, Wait... Don't Tell Me! — March 12, 2015 At The Saenger Theatre
Wed January 30, 2013
Tulane Establishing Confucius Institute
Tulane University has signed an agreement with the Confucius Institute Headquarters of China to establish a Confucius Institute at Tulane University.
Tulane said in a news release Tuesday that the center will promote the study of Chinese culture and language.
The Institute, which will be within the School of Liberal Arts, will enhance Chinese language classes in Tulane's Asian Studies Program with a range of new teaching materials. Those include software and hardware, a 3,000-volume Chinese language library and a state-of-the-art language classroom.
Jeremy Jernegan, the associate dean of finance and planning for Tulane's School of Liberal Arts, says there are 64 Confucius Institutes in the United States — most of them affiliated with large public universities.