Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
- Episode 609: The Curse Of The Black Lotus
Tue July 10, 2012
Tulane continues push for new stadium
A push to bring college football back to uptown New Orleans with construction of a new stadium at Tulane University continues when the university hosts a forum on the issue.
Tulane says Wednesday's event will be moderated by representatives of an architectural firm selected by the university and neighborhood representatives.
Tulane's football team currently plays home games at the Louisiana Superdome in downtown New Orleans. But a push is on to build a new stadium on the uptown campus. The move has widespread support but is also drawing opposition from neighbors who say they are worried about parking and noise issues.
Wednesday evening's forum is being held at The Audubon Tea Room at Audubon Park.