Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
- Episode 609: The Curse Of The Black Lotus
WWNO News Reports
Sun September 4, 2011
Tropical Storm Lee Creeping North
By Eileen Fleming
New Orleans, LA – New Orleans remains under a flash flood watch while bands of heavy rain suddenly vanish, giving city pumps a chance a catch up. Floodwater is being dumped into Lake Pontchartrain north of the city. Mayor Mitch Landrieu advises residents to take advantage of breaks in the storm to make sure street drains are clear of debris. A state of emergency remains in effect while the erratic storm creeps north. Tropical Storm Lee is flooding several coastal communities. Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal is asking residents to remain vigilant. Several tornado warnings remain in effect.
For WWNO, I'm Eileen Fleming.