Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Fishermen And Retailers Go High-Tech For Authentic Gulf Seafood
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
- Short-Term Rental Stakeholders All Agree On One Thing: Current Law Inadequate
Tropical Storm Karen
Thu October 3, 2013
Tropical Storm Karen Prompts Voluntary Evacuation For Grand Isle
The mayor of Grand Isle declared an emergency and called for voluntary evacuations as Tropical Storm Karen moved through the Gulf of Mexico.
Mayor David Camardelle's Thursday afternoon statement urged people to pick up loose items in their yards and tie down boats.
Grand Isle is an inhabited barrier island and a tourist attraction on the southeast Louisiana coast. It is often evacuated when tropical weather threatens.