Most Active Stories
- Le Show For April 13, 2014
- Sarah Vowell Riffs On Satchmo, 'The Incredibles' And Andrew Jackson
- Barataria Bay, 4 Years After The Deepwater Horizon Disaster
- The Listening Post Asks: Should Sex Education Be Required In Louisiana Public Schools?
- Richard Campanella Cityscapes: New Orleans' Tallest, Strangest, Forgotten Building
Tue September 4, 2012
Trial delayed in post BCS video case
Trial in New Orleans has been delayed for an Alabama football fan arrested after a video was posted on the Internet that showed what prosecutors say was sexual battery committed on an unconscious LSU fan.
Hurricane Isaac last week left defense attorneys unable to prepare for the trial of 33-year-old Brian Downing of Smith's Station, Ala.
Defense lawyer Michael Kennedy said Isaac forced closure of attorneys' offices and that power failures left attorneys unable to review electronic evidence.
Tuesday's trial was delayed until Oct. 2.
Police investigated after the video circulated online following Alabama's Jan. 9 victory over LSU in the BCS championship. It showed a man in a red Alabama jacket simulating a sex act with an unidentified male LSU fan at a fast-food restaurant on Bourbon Street.
Ouachita Correctional Center