Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Tue August 28, 2012
Transportation Department Restaging Buses
The Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development (DOTD) announced that it is in the process of restaging its busing assets to locations outside of the potential path of the storm and away from flood zones to ensure they are accessible for citizens' future use.
DOTD will maintain 10 coaches, one van and one pet carrier at Zephyr field if an immediate need arises.
Buses will be on standby in nearby locations to return immediately should services be needed in coastal regions. The buses will be located in Lake Charles, Alexandria, Baton Rouge, Lafayette and Carville.
Tropical Storm Isaac