Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Fri January 3, 2014
Traditional Dishes Served At The New Year's Table
Every holiday has its own of traditions, and New Year's Day is no exception. On this week's Louisiana Eats! we'll hear about a bowl of hoppin' john made with the freshest ingredients, the superstitions behind black-eyed peas, and a roasted cabbage beyond your wildest dreams.
Southern food purveyor John Martin Taylor joins us to talk about reviving traditional foods in South Carolina; Adrian Miller shares more secrets about Soul Food; and Chef John Currence talks about his new book: Pickles, Pigs, and Whiskey. Plus, we'll hear about a collaboration between the Red Stick Farmer's Market and the Star Hill Church in Baton Rouge.