Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Fri January 3, 2014
Traditional Dishes Served At The New Year's Table
Every holiday has its own of traditions, and New Year's Day is no exception. On this week's Louisiana Eats! we'll hear about a bowl of hoppin' john made with the freshest ingredients, the superstitions behind black-eyed peas, and a roasted cabbage beyond your wildest dreams.
Southern food purveyor John Martin Taylor joins us to talk about reviving traditional foods in South Carolina; Adrian Miller shares more secrets about Soul Food; and Chef John Currence talks about his new book: Pickles, Pigs, and Whiskey. Plus, we'll hear about a collaboration between the Red Stick Farmer's Market and the Star Hill Church in Baton Rouge.