Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
- Episode 609: The Curse Of The Black Lotus
Tue May 22, 2012
Toxie's In a Museum
Originally published on Tue May 22, 2012 2:56 pm
Toxie, Planet Money's toxic asset, has a new home. She used to sit in my desk drawer — 300 some worn pages, marked with post-its. But a few weeks ago, a curator from the Museum of the City of New York came to take custody of her. She's now on display as part of an exhibit about banking in New York.
I went to the opening last night. She was in a proper display case befitting an artifact of the financial crisis. The plaque read "Prospectus for Harbor View Mortgage Loan Trust 2005-10, CUSIP #41161PUA9, or "Toxie," issued 2005.
If you're in town, the exhibit runs through October 21st.