Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Thu July 11, 2013
Tourists At Kruger National Park Witness High-Speed Chase
Originally published on Thu July 18, 2013 10:16 pm
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene. Tourists at South Africa's Kruger National Park witnessed a dramatic high-speed chase - two cheetahs chasing a herd of impala. Impala are African antelope, and of course a Chevy model. And seconds from becoming dinner, one of the impala decided to make a tourist's SUV its getaway car.
The animal jumped into an open window of the vehicle, which stopped the cheetahs in their tracks. Then the shocked tourists opened the door and let that passenger out. Whew, what a leap of faith. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.