Most Active Stories
- Fazendeville, the town razed to make way for the Chalmette National Monument
- Photo Gallery: 2015 New Orleans Comic Con
- Le Show For The Week Of Jan. 11, 2015
- Electric car company Tesla Motors expanding number of charging stations in Louisiana
- Tickets Now On Sale For Wait, Wait... Don't Tell Me! — March 12, 2015 At The Saenger Theatre
Thu July 11, 2013
Tourists At Kruger National Park Witness High-Speed Chase
Originally published on Thu July 18, 2013 10:16 pm
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene. Tourists at South Africa's Kruger National Park witnessed a dramatic high-speed chase - two cheetahs chasing a herd of impala. Impala are African antelope, and of course a Chevy model. And seconds from becoming dinner, one of the impala decided to make a tourist's SUV its getaway car.
The animal jumped into an open window of the vehicle, which stopped the cheetahs in their tracks. Then the shocked tourists opened the door and let that passenger out. Whew, what a leap of faith. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.