Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
- Fishermen And Retailers Go High-Tech For Authentic Gulf Seafood
WWNO News Features
Mon August 23, 2010
Tom Piazza's Book-Length Essay "Why New Orleans Matters"
By Fred Kasten
New Orleans – The failure of the federal levees that put 80 percent of New Orleans under water after Katrina blew over the city - was followed in rapid succession by the government's disastrous response to the flood - and a parade of elected officials - including then Speaker of the House Dennis Hastert - questioning the value of New Orleans - and the wisdom of rebuilding it. Those were the circumstances in which writer Tom Piazza felt called to action in early September, 2005...
For information on Tom Piazza - and "Why New Orleans Matters" - please click here .