Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
- Episode 609: The Curse Of The Black Lotus
WWNO News Features
Mon August 23, 2010
Tom Piazza's Book-Length Essay "Why New Orleans Matters"
By Fred Kasten
New Orleans – The failure of the federal levees that put 80 percent of New Orleans under water after Katrina blew over the city - was followed in rapid succession by the government's disastrous response to the flood - and a parade of elected officials - including then Speaker of the House Dennis Hastert - questioning the value of New Orleans - and the wisdom of rebuilding it. Those were the circumstances in which writer Tom Piazza felt called to action in early September, 2005...
For information on Tom Piazza - and "Why New Orleans Matters" - please click here .