Most Active Stories
- Battle Brewing In Holy Cross Over Proposed Highrises
- Sarah Vowell Riffs On Satchmo, 'The Incredibles' And Andrew Jackson
- Le Show For April 13, 2014
- The Listening Post Asks: Should Sex Education Be Required In Louisiana Public Schools?
- Richard Campanella Cityscapes: New Orleans' Tallest, Strangest, Forgotten Building
Wed October 9, 2013
THURSDAY: Former Congressman Charlie Melancon, Louisiana Stand for Children
Originally published on Thu October 10, 2013 10:13 am
Jim talks with former Louisiana Congressman Charlie Melancon, who lost a challenge for David Vitter's U.S. Senate seat in 2010. Melancon discusses the federal government shutdown, the debt ceiling crisis and partisan gridlock in Washington DC
Jim discusses the virtues and flaws of the new Common Core State Standard learning benchmarks for kids in public schools with representatives of Stand For Children Louisiana.