Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
WWNO News Reports
Thu April 1, 2010
Third New Orleans Police Officer Charged in Danziger Case
By Eileen Fleming
New Orleans, La. – New Orleans Police Officer Michael Hunter has been charged with conspiracy to obstruct justice and observing a felony but saying nothing. The U.S. Attorney's Office says Hunter drove officers to the Danziger Bridge in a rental truck. Officers shot and killed one person and injured four others, then went to the west side of the bridge and shot and killed a severely disabled man. He's the third police officer charged in the Justice Department case. Two others have pleaded guilty. Hunter is charged in a bill of information, which normally indicates the accused is cooperating with authorities. No hearing date has been set.