Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Sun June 23, 2013
To a Thief, Your Medicare Card Is Better Than a Credit Card
Originally published on Mon July 29, 2013 11:39 am
In May, The Advocate reported officials had indicted healthcare practitioners in Baton Rouge and New Orleans for fraudulent Medicare billings totaling at least $80 million. Julie Agan, Senior Medicare Patrol Officer for EQ Health, says the fraud could get worse, but there are ways to guard against it.