Most Active Stories
- Live Stream And Chat: What Can #NOLASchools Teach Us?
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- Le Show For The Week Of April 26, 2015
- Southeast Louisiana Legal Services Helps Delgado Students Jump Legal Hurdles
- A million dead birds and five years later, scientists still struggling to assess BP spill's impact
Thibodaux Regional Medical Center
Fri January 18, 2013
Thibodaux Hospital Plans $63M Wellness Center
Thibodaux Regional Medical Center is moving forward with plans to build a $63 million wellness center that will focus on preventative health care with an education and fitness focus.
Thibodaux Regional is a 185-bed hospital that employs about 1,100 people, including 225 doctors. The hospital sees about 100,000 people annually on an outpatient basis.
Hospital CEO Greg Stock tells The Daily Comet the need for such a center was evident in the face of emerging health care crises such as rising rates of obesity, heart disease and diabetes.
Stock said the center will have 100 employees and an annual payroll of about $4 million.
The center will be located across the road from the Thibodaux Regional Cancer Center. It should be completed in summer 2015.
Mardi Gras 2013
New Orleans East