Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Thibodaux Regional Medical Center
Fri January 18, 2013
Thibodaux Hospital Plans $63M Wellness Center
Thibodaux Regional Medical Center is moving forward with plans to build a $63 million wellness center that will focus on preventative health care with an education and fitness focus.
Thibodaux Regional is a 185-bed hospital that employs about 1,100 people, including 225 doctors. The hospital sees about 100,000 people annually on an outpatient basis.
Hospital CEO Greg Stock tells The Daily Comet the need for such a center was evident in the face of emerging health care crises such as rising rates of obesity, heart disease and diabetes.
Stock said the center will have 100 employees and an annual payroll of about $4 million.
The center will be located across the road from the Thibodaux Regional Cancer Center. It should be completed in summer 2015.
Mardi Gras 2013
New Orleans East