Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Business & Technology
Thu December 27, 2012
Textron: Slidell Lease Extension for 1 to 3 Years
Textron Marine & Land Systems' offices will remain in Slidell for at least another year.
The Textron Inc. division said Wednesday that it has a lease extension through May 31, 2014, with two one-year options, pending approval by the Slidell City Council. The current lease ends in May.
The division makes and supports military vehicles, ships and boats. It has leased offices from Slidell since 2007. Its factory is in eastern New Orleans; it has an assembly plant and a warehouse in Slidell.
Terms of the extension were not disclosed in the company's news release.
The company's senior vice president and general manager, Tom Walmsley, and Slidell Mayor Freddy Drennan say both sides worked to reach a fair and reasonable agreement.
Textron: Afghan Army
Out To Lunch