Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Business & Technology
Thu December 27, 2012
Textron: Slidell Lease Extension for 1 to 3 Years
Textron Marine & Land Systems' offices will remain in Slidell for at least another year.
The Textron Inc. division said Wednesday that it has a lease extension through May 31, 2014, with two one-year options, pending approval by the Slidell City Council. The current lease ends in May.
The division makes and supports military vehicles, ships and boats. It has leased offices from Slidell since 2007. Its factory is in eastern New Orleans; it has an assembly plant and a warehouse in Slidell.
Terms of the extension were not disclosed in the company's news release.
The company's senior vice president and general manager, Tom Walmsley, and Slidell Mayor Freddy Drennan say both sides worked to reach a fair and reasonable agreement.
Textron: Afghan Army
Out To Lunch