Most Active Stories
- Live Stream And Chat: What Can #NOLASchools Teach Us?
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- Le Show For The Week Of April 26, 2015
- Southeast Louisiana Legal Services Helps Delgado Students Jump Legal Hurdles
- A million dead birds and five years later, scientists still struggling to assess BP spill's impact
WWNO News Reports
Mon February 8, 2010
Tens of thousands welcome Saints home
By Eileen Fleming
New Orleans, La. – The team was a few hours behind schedule, but no fans left early from their spots along Veterans Boulevard near the airport. Tens of thousands of people gathered as hundreds have done throughout the season to wave at the Saints' passing cars. This time, so many came that police repeatedly cleared fans from the overpass before the team cars and SUVs passed below. Parked cars lined the roadways along the airport runways. A chain link fence was put up shortly ahead of the caravan. Most were cheering and chanting thank-yous to darkened windows on the vehicles. Fans held out Saints flags, handmade signs of "Thank you boys" and "Super Bowl champs."