Most Active Stories
- Fazendeville, the town razed to make way for the Chalmette National Monument
- Photo Gallery: 2015 New Orleans Comic Con
- Electric car company Tesla Motors expanding number of charging stations in Louisiana
- Le Show For The Week Of Jan. 11, 2015
- Tickets Now On Sale For Wait, Wait... Don't Tell Me! — March 12, 2015 At The Saenger Theatre
WWNO News Reports
Mon March 23, 2009
Tennessee Williams Festival Kicks Off!
By Eileen Fleming
New Orleans, LA –
One of the city's most popular literary events happened in March. Correspondent Eileen Fleming has more.
Yes, it's Tennessee Williams Festival. And while many may know the playwright for only A Streetcar Named Desire, other works were also examined during the festival. Master classes were held on fiction writing. There was a gumbo throwdown t with author Kit Wohl, and a musical performance called Songs for a Sunday Afternoon.
For those looking for a less cerebral experience, the Chateau Bourbon Hotel had a special "Stella" cocktail, selected at a contest at The Clock Bar. The winning recipe came from mixologist Charles Portera. The five-day festival celebrates the life and legacy of Tennessee Williams in the adopted city he called his spiritual home. For WWNO, I'm Eileen Fleming